"We must expect great innovations to transform the entire technique of the arts, thereby affecting artistic invention itself and perhaps even bringing about an amazing change in our very notion of art."
--Paul Valery, "The Conquest of Ubiquity"
artnetweb was founded in 1993 by Remo Campopiano and Robbin Murphy as a collaborative dedicated to the access and exploration of new technologies for artists. In 1997 they organized "PORT: Navigating Digital Culture" for the MIT List Visual Arts Center.We'd like to thank the many people that have helped make artnetweb a success:
- G.H. Hovagimyan,
- Adrianne Wortzel,
- Jon Schull and Sandy Bendremer from Downtown Anywhere,
- Joyce Lyon, artist and believer,
- Hazel Campopiano, Remo's mom,
- Nancy Regina Falciglia, believer,
- Sixto Beltrandy,
- Kyle Shannon from Urban Desires Magazine,
- Bob Miller, our ISDN man,
- Robbie Meyn, designer,
- Roz Dimon and James Dawson, early supporters,
- John Reaves from The Gertrude Stein Theater,
- plus: Saul Ostrow, Alan Sondheim, Fido, Carole Filangieri, Eadie Adamson, Harold Olejarz, Lisa Lin, Kathy Markel, Renee Michaels, Ron Gorchov, Russet Lederman, Charles Graef, Jennifer Woodward, R3V3L, Steve Kursh, Bill Albertini, Jill Kimball, Roger Sperberg, and ODRADEK.