connecting global visual culture
New This Week
Back to Resources Home Page
- Unamerican Activities
- Radical stickers and t-shirts. The easily offended may want to skip this site.
- Global Fire Monitoring
- Explains and illustrates current and future global fire monitoring capabilities using satellite technology.
- Global Fires
- Fire detection around the world from the U.S. National Geophysical Data Center.
- The Robin Hood Project
- A database of texts, images, bibliographies, and basic information about the Robin Hood stories and other outlaw tales, sponsored by the University of Rochester.
- Photos To Go
- Sensational images at sensible prices for small business and personal use.
- John Perry Barlow
- Home page of co-founder of the EFF.
- Cyber Café Listing (http://www.easynet.co.uk/pages/cafe/ccafe.htm#contents)
- Comprehensive listing of all the Cyber Cafés in the world.
- Web of Culture
- List of all foreign embassies in the U.S., internet servers by country and other useful information.
- Migrants contre le SIDA/HIV
- La lettre mensuelle sur l'organisation de réfugiés, des immigrés, et des minorités ethniques en Europe face au SIDA/HIV.
- The Great Globe Gallery
- Views of the Earth on maps and globes, on satellite images and artistic visions, and more. Over 200 views, includes time zones.
- Transgendered Magazine
- Gender services and support for all people dealing with issues of Transsexuality, Crossdressing and Gender Dysphoria.
- Skull Anatomy 4.0
- An interactive learning tool for topographic, bony, and radiographic anatomy of the skull. Interesting graphics.
- Official Department of Defense information system about U.S. military activities in Operation JOINT ENDEAVOR, the NATO peacekeeping mission in Bosnia.
- Information and projects coming from former Yugoslavia countries.
- BIG list of news sites provided by the Inet-News listserv.
- Hello America
- Tourist Bureau for Travellers & Visitors.
- AIDS and HIV Information and Resources in France and on the Internet.
- This chapter on AIDS and HIV resources in France and on the Internet, partially built with the assistance, help or cooperation of HIVNET Paris, CRIPS, INSERM, the National Library of Medicine and Eric Gressier (CNAM), is neither exhaustive nor critical, but merely attempts at giving "pointers" to resources in France and in the world, and to more competent or complete sources of information.
- World3 Ezine for Web Designers
- World 3 is about many things but, fundamentally, it is a space about how to use spaces to communicate. In it you'll find the thinking and experiments of some of the brightest hypermedia theorists and practitioners on the Internet.
- Set Shop
- The Set Shop is New York's premiere supplier of photo surfaces and set supplies for the professional photographer. There are more than 150 pictures of backgrounds here now with twice as many to follow.
- Petition to Fight the Exon Communications Decency Act
- Although the CDA has passed the Senate, the House of Representatives still has to vote. We need to urge members of the house to support the Leahy Study, so the petition will continue to run until the House votes in mid July (1995).
- PSEUDO! Online Radio is a weekly radio show devoted to the internet and the online world community. Hosted by industry experts Josh Harris and Jessica Adelson, the hour long variety format is packed multimedia guru/celebrity interviews, live call arounds to web site and online system operators, industry, news reports, game reports, art reviews, recuring comic characters, live musical performances, and live call-ins.
- KODAK Product Information
- For information about digital image products and projects from Eastman Kodak Company.
- Electronic Newsstand
- A single Internet source for the widest selection of articles from the world's leading magazines, newsletters, newspapers, catalogues and more.
- Fight the Right Action Kit
- From the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
- Private Eye Magazine
- For three and a half decades, Private Eye has occupied a unique position in British publishing. Throughout this time, proprietor Lord Gnome has presided over the Eye's unrivalled blend of jokes and investigative journalism, mocking the pretensions and ridiculing the foibles of the rich and powerful and exposing corruption in high places.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Mission: The purpose of the Internal Revenue Service is to collect the proper amount of tax revenue at the least cost to the public in a manner warranting the highest degree of public confidence in our integrity, efficiency, and fairness.
- Electronic Computer and Information Systems, Inc.,ELVIS+ was founded and registered in November of 1991 in the city of Zelenograd, Russia, under the Russian privatization law entitled "Law of Enterprises and Enterprise Activity". The company was formed to work with Sun Microsystems, Inc. and also to undertake commercial projects.
- CyberWire Dispatch
- Essential postings by Brock N. Meeks about what's really going on.
- SPIN-Internet Mexico, D.F.
- News and information in Spanish from Mexico.
- TB/HIV Research Laboratory, Brown University
- The TB/HIV Research Laboratory is dedicated to research into the prevention and treatment of two infectious diseases of global importance - human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and tuberculosis (TB). Technical papers and pointers to other resources.
- Everything you could possibly need to know about Ottawa.
- Apple Virtual Campus
- The infrastructure of the Virtual Campus is information. The Virtual Campus links people with shared resources, anywhere, anytime. It empowers the student, the professor, and the administrator, while creating new communities for interactive learning and collaboration.
- Kronos Quartet
- The Kronos Quartet is a string quartet that plays almost exclusively contemporary music. Pages contain a discography, concert schedule, discussion forum and links to other resources on the net.
- Addicted To Noise
- A monthly online rock magazine mixing features, sound samples, photography and graphics.
- India Online
- Provides current information pertaining to India and countries of the Indian subcontinent including Business, Telecommunication, Shipping, Travel and Food.
- TravelWeb is a World Wide Web site that is the starting point for you to explore an electronic catalog of brochures featuring hotels, motels, inns, resorts -- every facet of the lodging world. Very soon, you also will be able to check the availability of rooms and book your room via TravelWeb!
- Complaint Generator
- Handy for those times when you really want to blow off steam.
- The guys in the matching suits are posting dispatches from the Group of Seven Conference in Brussels where the fate of the Global Information Infrastructure is being tossed about.
- Here you'll find the latest news about CBS shows, what's happening at CBS News and CBS Sports, and the most current information about the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN and THE LATE LATE SHOW with TOM SNYDER.
- For those who can't get enough of those cute little Apple graphics.
- Eight page Internet edition of the daily New York Times. These are .pdf files so you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. You can pick it up free at the site.
- San Francisco Reservations
- Service provides hotel reservations in the San Francisco area at no cost to the user.
- Turks & Caicos Islands Online Guide
- Looking for someplace really obscure for your vacation? We think they're in the Caribbean.
- Stamp Collectors
- If you're looking for a hobby, here's stamp-related links.
- The Beatles
- In case you didn't know, this is the group Paul McCartney used to be in.
- Copyright Act of 1976, As Amended
- Complete hypertext Copyright Act from Cornell University Law School.
- Travelers Forecast Table
- U.S. Temperatures from the National Weather Service
- First Night
- A cultural service organization deeply dedicated to building community through participation, imagination and creativity.
- Paperless Guide to NYC
- Plan a trip to the Big A (or just let your co-workers think so).
- Gramercy Press (MCI)
- You've seen their cute commercials, now visit the offices online. They say they even read manuscripts off the virtual slush pile!
- Interactive Week
- Interactive Week and other Ziff Publications online.
- AT&T Bell Laboratories Research
- See what AT&T is doing with all your money.
- The Human-Language Page.
- One can never be too multilingual.
- National Press Photographers.
- Press photos.
- Bologna, Itlay
- What's happening in Bologna.
- Virtual Tourist
- Travel information.
- Gateway to Antarctica.
- It's never too early to plan that summer vacation.
- Money Exchange Rates.
- Currency Converter
- That is unless you LIKE figuring it out at the airport.
- Raves R Us
- Find out everything you've ever wanted to know about raves.
- Captain Beefheart
- If you're too old for raves relive the days when music was really subversive.
- The Bear Essentials
- Environmental web site.
- Atomic Books
- Literary finds for mutated minds. Alternative books, comics and zines.
- Underground Music Archive
- Music from more than 200 bands to download.
- Theodore Tugboat Online Activities Center
- Canadian Children's Show with a good hotlist for kids.
- The Atlantis Project is dedicated to the goal of establishing a new country named Oceania. This country will be devoted to the value of freedom and will first exist as a sea city in the Caribbean.
- Useless WWW Pages
- Your worst nightmare of what the Web could turn into.
New This Week
Back to Resources Home Page